How to Apply For GATE
Note – This information is based on GATE 2015.
How to Apply?
Before Applying download the GATE Brochure and read it carefully
All candidates have to apply ONLINE. Details of the application fee and the steps in the application process are given below. The application fee is non-refundable.
|General/OBC-NC (Male Applicants)||1500/-|
|SC / ST / PD* (Male Applicants)||750/-|
* PD: Person with a Physical Disability
Filling in Application Online
- GATE Online Applicant Interface
- You must first register yourself, by providing a valid email address. Choose this carefully to be the one you check frequently, as all communications to you from the GATE offices will be sent to this address (Do not use anybody else’s email address; Only one person can register with one email address).
- Upon registration, an email will be sent with a link. You will be required to choose a password when you click on the link. Choose a password that is not easily guessable (should not be, for example: your name, DOB, 12345, asdf, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself.
- Next you will see an application form to be filled in. Keep the following information ready:
- Personal information
- Eligibility Degree Details (College address, PIN Code of College)
- Communication Address (Important: PIN Code)
- High quality image of your photograph conforming to these requirements
- Good quality image of your signature (in .jpeg format) conforming to requirements similar to photograph
- Optional: PDF/JPEG files of supporting documents (Eligibility & Category Certificates) (max file size: per file 0.5 MB; see more details below in section ‘supporting documents’)
- Optional: Your Net banking login and password to make the application fee payment (only for Male applicants).
- fill in the necessary data in the online application form by carefully following instructions given there. You may edit the data at this stage if you require. Upload the required soft copy of photo and signature.
- You will have to select one of the two payment options (details given below) while filling the online form.
- The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. You may address the error messages that may appear on saving the filled in data.
- Before you make the payment, you have to carefully check for any errors or missing data.
- Once you press “Submit & Proceed to Payment” button, no further changes to the application can be made.
- After processing “Submit & Proceed to Payment” you will be taken to payment option where you may choose offline or via Netbanking option. Candidates who have selected via Netbanking option will follow the instructions given below for online net-banking, in the payment section and complete the payment process..
For further details please log on to http://gate.iitk.ac.in